Today is COLE’s birthday! WOW! I can’t believe I have an eight year old!
It is true that you never forget the birth of your child – no matter how many you have. It is like it was yesterday. Todd I were talking about how much hair he had at birth, and it was so dark! None of the other kids had so much hair. He came out screaming – like a Bobcat! He had this raspy squeal type cry that truly sounded like a baby Bobcat. We tried to call him that as a nickname, it never stuck. Oh well. So precious, such a gift on my in-laws wedding anniversary. Brand new baby for his first Easter that year. Just an amazing memory.
Even better is the amazing boy he has become. So smart and a lover of learning. He can sit down with a book and be engrossed for hours until he finishes. He like mystery books. His favorite right now is The Westing Game. He also told me he loves music class. It is his favorite class. He said he is no good at it – but he loves it!
He is quite the comedian, as well. Always entertaining, always with a smile. He is an extremely passionate boy about all things. There is no lack of gusto in him. We can’t wait to see that passion as he grows and his passion for life grows. Always an adventurer, he is willing to try anything new at least once. This year, that was basketball. He has always had a passion for football so playing that for the first time wasn’t a big deal – he had just been waiting for the day we said yes! But basketball was different. He hadn’t really shown an interest, now he loves it. I think he will always play both for a while.
Oh Cole, my cute freckle-faced boy. You give the sweetest kisses and I am so thankful that you are not ashamed to kiss your mother every day before school. I know that will change soon and I will hate it, but I cherish every kiss you give me right now. Thank you for being the best middle child a mother could ask for! Daddy and I love you so much!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
A
No comments:
Post a Comment