Saturday, March 24, 2012

Time for a little Competition

Today was the PSIA competition.  This year both Cameron and Cole qualified to go to the Area Competition.  Cameron for math and Cole for Spelling.  I didn’t get to go with them today because Macie had dress rehearsal, but I did take pictures before they left!!!

IMG_2570

How cute are they?  I think pretty cute.  They were asked to wear their Field Day shirts to the competition.  I told them to do a pose that made them look smart and this is what happened…

IMG_2573

Typical!  Cameron was just looking at him like he was nuts.  And – he is!  I think they were both excited.

Overall, they did a wonderful job! 

IMG_2580

This cutie earned FOURTH PLACE overall!!  What an accomplishment.   I am so proud of him.  It was his first year to compete and they had 600 words to study from and the test was 40 from the list and 10 random words.  Pretty tough test, if you ask me!    AWESOME JOB!!!

IMG_2575

And this handsome young man didn’t do too shabbily, either.  His test was timed – thirty minutes – to do fifty problems.  Hard problems.  Like, high school algebra, geometry and calculus problems!  (maybe not calculus, but really hard problems!)  He told me he missed 23 out of 50 problems.  I was sad.  Until he told me he had the highest score!!!!  He and the other competitor from our school tied and are both going to STATE!   FIRST PLACE, BABY!!!  And – not to toot his horn for him, but I will – the second place person scored 60 points behind them – 60 points!!!  (they calculate them odd – 5 points for every correct answer, –2 points for every wrong answer and 0 points for skipped problems)  So – he had skipped a few, not really missed that many, which I know was hard for him because he likes to complete the entire thing!

We are so proud of both of them for doing their absolute best!  And – we can’t wait to go to the state competition and cheer for our Cameron!

A

No comments: