Field Day. It has finally come. The kids can hardly contain themselves. It’s all we have heard about for weeks.
I can’t wait to see how many ribbons I get.
I can’t wait for the Hula Hoop – I want to win this year.
I can’t wait for field day, even though I’m not good at anything!
I love the way the kids school does Field Day. It is all on one day, there are six events and the grades rotate from one to another, they do it in heats – so every child gets a ribbon in every event. The hard part for us is – we have three kids in three different events going on at the same time! They hold the event at the UTA Maverick Stadium. Approved volunteers/parents are allowed on the field, others have to stay in the stands. We stayed right on the field all day and one of us was always able to see an event. We also almost got a picture of each kid in each event. We only missed two pictures (but we did see the event.) In fact, I think we only didn’t get a picture because it started sprinkling and I didn’t want to ruin the camera!
Be prepared for an awesome display of Field Day events!
HULA HOOP
i forgot – hula hoop is the whole grade with ribbons only given to the top six. alas, we did not receive any.
HURDLES
this is one where I missed a picture. macie did awesome, even in the rain. cole, that sweet boy ran right out of his shoes! he lost the first one on the first hurdle, lost the second one on the next hurdle and still finished third!
DISTANCE RUN
JAVELIN THROW
70 YARD DASH
I missed a pic of cole doing this. boo.
LONG JUMP
Overall, it was a great day. Macie had a blast – she wasn’t expecting to win anything so every ribbon she got was awesome! Cameron and Cole, on the other hand, both really want to win. It was a hard day at some points for both of them. But – in the end they had fun and hopefully they will remember that is more important!
One more thing – I gave an award for the biggest fan and it went to …
this sweet little brother. He had a great time. He was so content to go wherever all day and slept in the sling and stroller for his nap. (plus, look at the hottie holding him!)
A
No comments:
Post a Comment