So - we have been home bound for three days now.
While I love the kids getting to stay home from school and play in the 'snow' (it was mostly ice pellets) - it is nice to be able to get out of the house for a small amount of time for sanity's sake! We are all alive and happy, though, as we have been enjoying lots of comfort foods (tater tot casserole, brownies, eggs and hash brown breakfasts, chicken and dumplings, little smokies wrapped in croissants), playing the wii, legos, DS, and card games.
Right now is a very rare quiet time in this house. All the kids are in their respective rooms (with Collin in our room) with a book or napping. The baby is sleeping next to me on the couch and I just finished watching an Oprah I recorded that sparked my interest. It was her Vegan Challenge episode. I really am interested in this - especially after seeing how they slaughter the cows and make ground beef. While I don't know if I can make it a complete life change - I want to try the one week challenge and see if I can, at the very least, become Vegan-ish! SO - in the next week I am going to do some research of recipes (thanks Laura for all the great links on your blog as well as your example) and do the shopping and make a plan for my meals so there is less opportunity for failure. When I start I will post every day what I eat and how I feel. I will weigh myself at the beginning of the week and see if there is a difference! I'll let you know when I am starting so you can follow along and encourage!
Wish me luck!
A
1 comment:
I watched that Oprah and thought it was very interesting.
Let me know if you try the butter or any of the other foods they suggested!
mydallasmommy.com does a coupon match up for organics. Good Luck!
Julie W.
Post a Comment