Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day

Let me just say 6:15 came early for this momma today! I know I should have been preparing myself for this a lot sooner than today, but it is hard to get any sleep right now and the bed is just real inviting in the mornings!

Anyway - after I awoke and showered and got the kids up and getting ready, I headed for the kitchen to make the traditional cinnamon roll breakfast. It's always a first day of school hit! (thank you Pillsbury)
Then comes time for the traditional first day of school pics that I make the kids do. A picture in front of the house on the bench, then in front of the tree. There are several poses I make them do - but I will only show a few to save your eyes and time!

Cole - it was hard to get a smile out of him today.
Macie - all smiles all the time!
Cameron - his picture is blurry because I made him laugh. He had been doing his fake smile and I wasn't having it - so I made him say something funny and it worked too well.
The three of them in front of the tree.
I was able to go with them this year - no morning traffic duty for me. It was nice to walk them in. Cole loves having us go with him to class and take pictures - here he is with his teacher.
Macie was also ok with us going with her to class and taking pictures - here she is with her teacher.
Cameron didn't want me to take a picture of him at all this year (inside the school). He barely let us walk down the hall with him. I told him he had to let me take a picture and then Todd told me not to embarrass him. It was really hard for me. I cried - Todd laughed. He is growing up too fast.
After school was our traditional trip to Chuck E Cheese's. This is the highlight of Collin's day - the only reason he gets excited about their first day! Here are the four of them out front.
Todd and Collin enjoying the driving games.
Cole was a master at skeeball. He was getting 350,000 points regularly - he got a ton of tickets!
Macie enjoying a game of Deal or No Deal - she even loves watching that game on TV.
Cameron shooting baskets on the little game - he was trying to collect as many tickets as he could, as well.
It was a great day - an exciting day - a tiring day! We all came home, went through their bags and went to bed early (and by early I mean on time for school - early compared to our summer)
A fun time was had by all!
A

2 comments:

laura said...

I'm just now catching up on blogs. Congrats on another boy! He can be little Lucy's boyfriend! And I can't believe it's time for school again. It came so fast! We'll be missing you when preschool starts. Tear.

Staci said...

Cole has great form on the skeet ball machine!