Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Five + One

= SIX!! Our middle son turned six years old today? Has it really been that long? Is it true that three of our children have been in elementary school for almost a year? I can't handle it!


Cole has to be the most passionate little boy I know. When he loves, he loves. And when he hates, LOOK OUT! I imagine that comes from being in such an awkward place in the family. He isn't the oldest, youngest or true middle. He isn't even the only boy. The only distinction he has is the one he makes for himself - and he has. He is by far one of the funniest kids I know. He opens his mouth and funny just falls out. He is amazing us with how well he is doing in school - I'm ashamed to say that I honestly didn't see that coming. He is reading like a pro, has some of the hardest spelling words for kindergarten, loves to do his math and truly enjoys learning. I hope that never changes. Six is an age where he is really thinking he is completely independent, but isn't quite there yet - so I am sure we will have some struggles. I am looking forward to the next year and all the trials and tribulations that will bring as well as the joy and happiness. We love you Cole. You are a true treasure!

Here are some classic Cole pictures. Here we are at the hockey game on sunday trying to take our usual picture and he squeezes his little head in the frame at the last minute.

It was free hockey stick day and here are the kiddos posing with their weapons (which is what they eventually became) he has his fighting face on. I'm not even sure I can explain this one ... Look at the joy on that sweet face. Undeniable - he was having a great time. And - one last video that cracks me up. We went to Sea World for Spring Break (watch out for those posts soon) and wanted to take Collin to the Elmo show. ALL of the big kids complained that they didn't want to go and we made them go anyway. Well - Cole moved to where he thought we weren't watching and really began enjoying himself.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday cole! that video is hilarious!!!