I completely forgot to mention that I WON TICKETS TO THE GLOBETROTTERS ON THE RADIO!!!! Wahoo! A few weeks ago KLTY was having a contest where you called in and bragged on your kids and won 4 tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters "game" for that weekend. I heard them advertising this contest on a monday while driving them to school. I came home that morning and told Todd that I really wanted to win the tickets because Cameron is loving all things basketball right now. Tuesday we are driving to school and I hear that it is time to try to be the ninth caller. So - I call - BUSY. Call again - BUSY,
again. One more time, I think to myself. RING!!
what?!? It was ringing. It rang for. ev. er. seriously. FOREVER. I think to myself that there is No Way I am the 9th caller. Right about the time I had given up hope - Frank Reed answers the telephone and says "Tell me about that special kid, mom!" He never said - you are the ninth caller - just started talking, so I started talking, "Well, I have four to choose from. But the one I am calling about is my nine year old Cameron. He is loving all things basketball and would L O V E to go see the Globetrotters" We talk for a minute and he says - you're going to the Globetrotters. It was the most exciting thing ever. I got to say the other kids names on the radio also. I gave them all my info and hung up an called Todd right away. Before he could even process what I was saying they were playing back the phone call and I put my cell on speaker and we all listened. the kids loved it!
So - here are some pictures from the big game. (Todd also came - we just bought a ticket for him)

The kids weren't exactly sure what to think, at first.

Todd - not wanting to smile for me.

Part of the 'game'. It was so funny and silly. It took a few minutes for the kids to realize that it was more of a play than a real game.

Cole and Cameron came home and immediately started doing Globe trotter tricks in the hallway with Cameron's basketball.
Thank You, KLTY. We love your family friendly morning show!
These videos of Cole make me laugh. He was having so much fun, but every time he saw me video - he would stop what he doing. cutie!!!
A
No comments:
Post a Comment