Threepeat
Same Song, Different Verse
Groundhog Day
I'll be surprised if I don't have a CPS file
Oh What a Night, Part 3
The last one may bring back some memories. My dear, sweet, baby Collin has had some issues with his right arm elbow. When he was around 7 months old he dislocated his tendon somehow which resulted in an emergency room visit and a diagnosis of Nursemaid's Elbow. We were told that he would likely be prone to have this happen again. Well we were very careful and spoke with the kids at length regarding Collin's arm and got to a point where we were feeling good about it, not being overly cautious - we were complacent. Until 12 months after the first incident (almost to the day) when it happened again. The kids were (breaking several rules) jumping on my bed, holding hands with Collin in the middle, and when they feel to the bed one time - his arm popped again. We all knew what happened and made the second trip to the ER and got yellow tagged (I'm sure you all remember)
Bringing us to Saturday October 10th, 2009. The kids and I drove to Forney for a baby shower for one of Todd's cousins. It had been a long time since we had seen a lot of the family that was at the shower and we were having a great time. All the kids were showing off in many ways - Cameron was playing his DS, Cole read his Bible to Gramps and Deedaw, Macie said the Preamble to the Constitution for everyone (and prayed for our meal), Collin was smitten with Cousin Kimberly - it was a good time.
Until, Cole and Collin began demonstrating wrestling moves, ninja fighting style and then Cole showed everyone what a police officer does when he arrests somebody - He threw Collin to the ground, smashed his face into the tile and then pulled his arms behind his back. A successful arrest - until the tears came. and came. and came. At first, Collin went to Kimberly for comfort. After a while he didn't stop and came to me. Then he started pointing to his arm and saying it hurt. But not his right arm - his left arm. Yep - same injury - other arm!
So - we dropped the kids off with Todd's dad and Patti and headed from Forney to Hurst to the same urgent care (at the advice of my doctor's office) and I waited to be arrested!
Here he is in the car on the way - pointing to his arm saying "It can't work"
When we got to the Urgent Care we were asked to put on masks because of all the sickness (that I completely didn't think about) ugh. There were sick kids everywhere. We stayed as far from the main waiting room as we could and waited for about an hour. We saw at least fifteen kids come in with the same symptoms - fever, vomiting and nasty coughs. We hadn't heard anyone get called back the entire time until finally - COLLIN MURPHREE!! We were called in front of everyone else. THANK YOU!
We went straight back and the doctor came right in and fixed his arm. I didn't get arrested and nobody looked at me funny! Wahoo!
He still wouldn't move his arm because he was probable afraid to. The doctor brought a popsicle and he couldn't have it until he reached with his left arm. He did.
Then he said Hooray!!! He was all better!
It was an exciting fun- filled day - although not the one we originally planned. I am hoping and praying that this will be the last time we ever go to the ER for this injury again - but I have a feeling we will. He is definitely prone and now with it being both arms - I don't see how we won't be there again! Maybe we need a discount or special insurance for this kind of injury.Here is a short video of him when he felt good...
A
3 comments:
All I can say is another envelope "Collin-Medical"
Oh, and I love the dance!
Glad it "works now". He is so adorable! It's been good seeing you in class on Wed. nights!
Good thing you didn't get arrested!LOL!!! I remember that feeling when I took Rylee to Children's w/her broken arm at 10 mths.....I just knew they were going to lock me away!
Macie will love the concert in March - it was awesome. Ry wanted to go again....but I said no way since it is really the same/similiar show as the other one. LOL....she didn't care!
Post a Comment