Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A few reasons I LOVE being my child's teacher ...

There are a few advantages to being my son's teacher. Aside from the obvious of getting to see him interacting with his friends on a daily basis, and teaching him his colors, shapes and numbers, and helping him see that Jesus is his best friend - I also get to take pictures of him during playtime. Sometimes we get the dress-up box out for the girls. (It is a box of all of Macie's old dresses and fairy wings and wands.) Sometimes Collin beats up his best girl Reese to beat her to the good shoes and dresses!
Then - when he gets it just right - he twirls and twirls until he gets dizzy.
And then he falls down as happy as can be! (his daddy is very proud - as all the daddies will be when they see the pictures we took of their boys in fancy dresses!!)
I also get to take pictures of him on the first day of school when he was eating a snack of brownies with m&m's on top. He made the funniest little face that I captured at just the right moment.
And on the playground ... he really didn't want to stop for the picture and he finally gave me what I wanted - a goofy pose - just to make me happy.
Even though school is as much a break for the moms as it is fun for the kids - I really don't mind teaching my baby. He is, after all, my baby and I think it would be hard for me not to have him in my class now that all three of my big kids are in school.
A

No comments: