Here is the hallway outside our classroom. The kids (12 of them) will hang their bags out here. Each hook has their name under it.
We had some toys out for the kids to play with as well as their everyday folder, a color sheet and a special 'gift bag' from us. The gift bag consisted of a puppy bowl filled with scooby snacks and stickers! Such a cute idea by my co-teacher Ms. Amy!! That's right the kids will have no trouble with our names this year.
Here is another view of the tables. We have 6 tables split into two groups for when we have centers during school. Did I mention we have 12 kids? That is almost double what I had last year.
This is our reading corner which will also be where we hang the kids artwork. Do you see the clothes line and clothes pins? SUPER CUTE!
This is our circle time board. We will have a short time every day in front of this board reviewing the basics over and over and over and over! Repetition is always good. Do you see the little paint cans? We have paint brushes with velcro on them that they will match up to the coordinating can. SO FUN! (there is almost a color for each child - i did say we had twelve, right?)
And - did I mention I was going to be teaching this yahoo?
He is going to be in my class this year. I taught Cole when he was in the 18 month class and it was pretty much a nightmare. Such a nightmare that I chose to leave the baby class to avoid teaching Collin. I had the opportunity to go back to the babies and it was a hard decision because I LOVE the babies but I really did have so much fun last year and I enjoy this age so much. So - I chose to stay and am going to have the little stinker in my class. I am hoping that this is a better age to teach your own child and it helps that he already loves the other Ms. Amy just as much as me (maybe more) He loves to say her name all the time! However - if the following conversation is an indicator to the year - I may be totally gray haired by May!me: Collin, are you going to be in Momma's class?
c: No
me: don't you want to be in the puppies class?
c: No - Leeda, Lida (Lisa and Linda - his teachers last year)
me: all your friends will be in my class.
c: Reesie? Gabi? Noooah?
me: yes - all of them
c: Chase? Danden? (Landon)
me: YES! don't you wanna come?
c: NO!
we'll see!
A
p.s. - i am not really scared about the 12 kids. maybe a little. it will be overwhelming at first but i really think it is going to make it so much more fun and entertaining. they really are so funny at this age!
2 comments:
So cute!!!!! I love teacher decor! Good luck with the 12 kids. Can you please send me your email address? Thanks!
LOVE what you've done with the room!! Is Ms Jessica there this year? Brody was wanting to see her on Meet the Teach night
Post a Comment