Many have asked me why we went private.
Simple, really. Simply to simplify. (hee hee). Seriously - Todd and I had a recent conversation regarding our computer time and the things that have become important that truly are unimportant. I have deactivated my facebook account entirely. I realized that I wasn't really using it for it's intended purpose. It was fun to "friend" old friends - but do I really have any relationship with anyone that I have recently "friended" - No. Does my life still go on as usual? Yes. All the people that commented on my wall or vice versa are people that I can just as easily call or speak to in person at any time. Do I really need a play by play of anyone's day? Does anyone really need one of mine? So - that was an easy decision to eliminate what (for me) seemed to take up too much of my time.
That led us to speak about our blog. We had added a little ticker thing that tracks where people who view our blog are located. We were seeing some from states that we have no relatives and the occasional foreign country. We talked about what the purpose of our blog is - for our family and friends to read about our adventures and trials. We wanted to keep it's purpose clear so we decided to go private and only ask our friends and family to view because it is for you. Also - we (I) are (am) much more comfortable posting particulars regarding where we live, attend church/school, etc. (I am married to a police officer, after all). So hopefully we have the invites out there to those we know care about us and if there are others that you hear of that did not get an invite it is because I do not have the correct emails - let me know!
Thank you all for still reading and loving our family!
A
2 comments:
I know secretly you want a play by play of my life. Of course, I think you probably live it every day...so...never mind. :)
Good for you my smart cousin! I am blowing off FB, too. For exactly the same resons ... time consumer!
Post a Comment