Thursday, July 23, 2009

What's For Dinner?

As I made one of the kids favorite dinners in the whole wide world tonight, I wondered - what do you feed your family with small children? I usually try to plan my menu around what I already have in the freezer/pantry and then make my list for the next two weeks and then only go to the grocery store once every two weeks. Eventually I would love to have it down to once a month for the majority of the stuff and then go back for milk and great sales items - I just haven't made the space in my freezer yet! Anyway - here is(was) my menu for this recent two weeks ...

Sat (18th) - spaghetti
Sun - mini corn dogs, french fries and oranges
Mon - brisket, mashed potatoes and beans (my first brisket - it turned out good and it was a 10 pond brisket so we will be having brisket sandwiches for lunch for a while!)
Tue - soft tacos with rice, beans and guacamole (Cole calls this a 'passover' meal because you have to pass over the ingredients when you want them. his words)
Wed - little smokies and macaroni & cheese, peaches
Thu - pancakes and eggs
Fri - grilled pork with a pasta side, strawberries
Sat - beef taco skillet with rice
Sun - we will be eating out because I will be driving the big kids to OK for camp.
Mon - fish sticks, french fries, apples
Tue - homemade hamburger pizza
Wed - chicken and rice
Thu - meatball sandwiches, fruit
Fri - eat out - I will be picking up the kids from camp!
Sat - avocado taco pie
Sun - roast beef sandwiches, broccoli, fruit
Mon - hamburgers/hot dogs, beans
Tue - ham and asparagus pasta

As I was typing this list I realized we like the mexican/taco theme. Oh well - sounds good to me! So - what's for dinner?
A

1 comment:

Kim said...

like me, i love the mexican food, so i was very pleased when i found a weight watchers recipe for taco lasagna - easily made and very yummy!!!