Saturday, July 18, 2009

Because It's Been Awhile ...

Wow - where have I been? I just realized that I haven't even posted the rest of our Iowa trip. Our summer is flying by. I am going to give some updates on what the kids are up to so I don't forget!

Cameron - he would play the DS all day if I let him. I am trying to get them back in the routine of school so I had them sit at the table today and do some work. Cameron's assignment will almost always be a writing assignment. This next year is the TAKS writing and it is his least favorite subject - he has to pass TAKS to pass fourth grade! So - I am starting a story and he has to finish it. I would love some story starters!

Macie - she is ready to go to camp! She and Cameron will be gone next sunday to the next friday! AAGH! It is in Oklahoma - I can't believe we are letting them go! She is also ready for school. We have been buying our school supplies a little at a time. Her assignments are also going to be writing - they make her really have to think and that keeps her mouth closed :)

Cole - He just finished day camp at church and had a BLAST! It was camp for the younger kids with no overnights. FABULOUS Idea. They went roller skating, to a movie, to a park to hike and cook-out. So much fun. He is becoming very apprehensive about kindergarten and is asking a lot of questions. Todd and I are a little worried because almost ALL of his emotions are displayed with aggression! Hopefully he won't end up in the Principal's office!

Collin - Oh Collin! He is absolutely keeping us on our toes and I am terrified of being alone with him all week during the school year next year! The other day he was crying and talking about/pointing to his nose. I couldn't figure out what he was saying and he kept getting angrier and angrier. I finally figured out that he must have stuck something up his nose, only I couldn't see anything. I burst in out bedroom and woke Todd up from a dead sleep (it was his work day) and made him get the flashlight. It turns out that our sweet darling put a light-brite peg up his nose. ALL THE WAY UP! Those are like an inch long and pointy! As soon as it was out he was fine and ready to play, meanwhile Todd and I are peeling ourselves from the ceiling! Like I said - always on our toes!

Todd and I have been enjoying our time with the kids over the summer so school will be bitter sweet. We like having them around a lot but also need them to go! I know you ALL know what I mean!
A

1 comment:

Kim said...

you're just a busy bee mama!!