Monday, July 27, 2009

I Will Survive!

I took my babies to Oklahoma yesterday for church camp. It is always bittersweet. I want them to go and have fun and experience meeting new people and learning about God in new, fun ways. However - Oklahoma is VERY far away (to me).

This is Macie's first time to go away to camp and we got special permission for her to go to this camp. Technically you should be entering third grade and she is entering second grade. So - none of her friends are going to be there. She is so shy (at first) around people she doesn't know and she has had a few tearful moments prior to going because she is apprehensive about the whole thing. She was the first girl in her cabin and it was empty and a little overwhelming. Ms. Carrie (her counselor and old SBS teacher) made it inviting, though. It was decorated and they all have a goodie bag waiting for them. She picked a top bunk and there were no tears that I saw!
Cameron is an old pro at church camp. He has been for two years prior to this at a different camp. This is his first time at this particular camp. He was the one of the last boys in his cabin so there were boys EVERYWHERE when we came in. Also a bit overwhelming. Cameron doesn't have any of his close friends at camp this year, but he does know some of the boys in his cabin and he knows Mr. Rob the counselor real well. He will have a blast, I know.
All I have to do is pray for them often and know that Cole and Collin will definitely take my mind away from worry. We have some fun things planned to keep us busy from missing them. And i DO miss them already!
A

No comments: