Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cub Scout Cameron

The Spring Camp out at Loyd Park was a great time! Cameron was only able to spend the day on Saturday - but we were there ALL DAY and he had the best time. Activities were planned from dawn to dusk and there was little time for messing around. One of the activities was building a rocket for the Space Derby.
The boys were getting the kits from the leaders and all the instructions on how to sand them, paint them and put them all together. Unfortunately I was not there when they had the race - but Cameron said it was really neat - they wind up the propeller and send them down this fishing wire course and see which one goes the farthest. They had several heats and then a final heat. Cameron's rocket came in 1st overall - he was very excited!
Here are my boys in the rough. Macie chose to go to the Ranger Game that day - so she wasn't there - but the boys had a blast - ALL of them!
Another pose of my boys.
This is by far one of my favorites of the day - walking back to camp hand in hand. Collin is so attached and enamored with Cameron - this was one of the times that was tolerable for Cameron.
(this picture is out of order - sorry) That night by the campfire - they sang songs, received some awards and did skits. This is a picture of Cameron's Den doing their skit. Each boy came out one at a time and sat on the invisible bench. Then Cameron came out and asked - What are you guys doing? They said - sitting on the invisible bench! Then Cameron says - But I moved it over there (and points away from the boys) this morning!! And then they all fell down - It was cute! The little boys (Cole and Collin) also did a skit that was really funny - but I didn't get to take pictures because I had to help them.
Ok - back to during the day. The boys played flag football and soccer and they were all able to earn the belt loop for those sports. It is pretty neat. here are some of the pictures from the game. Cole also played - but I have pictures of that and a story for him for another post!
This was Cameron in the huddle and then taking off from the line. He also made the last touchdown of the game - but I missed that photo opportunity because he ran faster than my camera took the picture! bummer! He was real excited!

I can't say enough good things about the scout program. I think all boys should be involved because it teaches them SO MANY good things they can take with them throughout their life! I know our boys will be involved for the long haul! Looking forward to THREE future Eagle Scouts!
A

No comments: