Friday, February 6, 2009

TAG stuff

I was tagged on the blog to write 7 random facts about myself - as well as on Facebook (25 things) SO - here are my 25 things that I posted on Facebook and now here!!
ENJOY!

1. I am a thirdborn and have all typical qualities of a thirdborn. (No comments necessary from my sisters)

2. I have lived in 1 state my ENTIRE life. Actually - in one city!

3. Creating Keepsakes is my favorite magazine. I read it cover to cover when it comes in the mail!

4. I LOVE to scrapbook, but I don't do it as often as I used to. It's good for me to get my creative juices flowing and expressed in that way. And my kids love to look at the completed books that they have (granted - I am way behind and according to my scrapbooks Cole is only one and Collin hasn't even been born)!

5. My 24th year on this earth was a trying one for me. Lot's of decisions to be made and LIFE changing ones, at that. I think that God showed me the right way and I am a better person for it!

6. My 25th year was a much better year. Although I had met Todd in college - this is the year we became an item and our lives changed forever.

7. I have a total obsession with office supplies. Pens, papers, note cards, paper clips, staplers - all my favorite things.

8. I am extremely wordy and long-winded in my writing. So much so that I feel the need to elaborate on that sentence...but I will move on :)

9. I loved playing my flute "back in the day." Orchestra was my favorite, Concert Band after that and Marching Band last. However - Summer Band kept me tan and in shape. Oh how I long to be in the same shape now that I was then!

10. As I said before - I dream of being the same shape I used to be - HOWEVER - I loathe exercising. I do it for maybe a day and then give up. I need results ASAP!

11. I am a procrastinator. Probably one of the worst. However - I attribute it to my need for perfection - if I can't do it right I won't do it at all (or until it can be right). pretty messed up.

12. I don't like coffee - never have - never will. It smells wonderful - tastes like garbage. My dad is a huge coffee drinker - he is sad that I don't share that quality.

13. I used to read all the time. Now - I never seem to have the time - there is always something else that needs to be done and I feel guilty sitting and reading.

14. My bachelor's degree is in Spanish, but I don't speak a lick of it. I am embarrassed - please don't mention this to me. EVER.

15. I am a stay-at-home mom and teach two-year olds at church and in pre-school. I love babies.

16. Although it seems obvious about the baby thing - some of you may not know me - I have four kids (8, 6, 4 and 20 months). And - to the shock of some (but not to those who really know me) I would have more - as many as my husband and my heart would let me.

17. I love my family. And I am fiercely loyal to all of them.

18. I have a love affair with New York, New York. Todd and I honeymooned there, experienced 9-11 there, have only vacationed there together. No other city makes my heart beat like that one! We LOVE to go back to NYC and in our dreams, we'd own a place there someday...

19. I love to be at home. In my pajamas. Cleaning and organizing. It simply brings me joy to "stay in" all day. However - that NEVER gets to happen. Too many children, too many activities - but I wouldn't change that for the world.

20. As the saying goes, I am becoming my Mother. Right down to the last detail. Some days that is unfortunate - somedays I think it is ok. :)

21. I love being a Police Officer's wife. It is not always the easiest with schedules and the fear of all the crazies out there - but I am definitely proud and my kids are super proud and LOVE to tell everyone their daddy is a policeman. Todd spoke to Macie's entire first grade at the beginning of the school year and they still think he is the coolest thing since sliced bread!

22. I also have a little addiction to the computer - not anything in particular - pretty much everything. I have to check my email, my bank account, all the blogs I read (stalk). I really need to change that. (It is my number 1 procrastination tool!)

23. HOWEVER - I enjoy keeping up with my own blog - to help me remember what was going on whenever I finally get around to scrapping those things!

24. I love being a wife and a mother. I am so looking forward to all life has to offer me and my family in the future - I can only imagine what it will be like when I have teenagers!

25. My life is far from perfect, but it's full of blessings. God has LAVISHED his grace on me and I am incredibly grateful....not sure how "random" this list is, but it is what it is!

**one extra**

26. I also seem to have an obsession with the exclamation point when I am typing!!

No comments: