This is the day Todd asked me to marry him. Eight years ago. THAT is why I love this day.
It was just a regular night for us. We were going to dinner at some restaurant on Lake Ray Hubbard (neither one of us can remember the name - it is something different now) We weren't even dressed for anything special - I was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt and an orange hoodie from old Navy (I have NO clue what Todd was wearing!) Anyway - after dinner we went to the lake to walk around. We go over to some picnic table and I sit down and he starts telling me a story - well, not a story exactly - just why we are this particular place on the lake.
This place at the lake was very special to Todd. It was the place he always went to when he needed to be alone with God to pray. Pray for things that were life changing for him. He went there in High School when making plans for college (that led him to McMurray in Abilene). He went there his first semester in college after he hurt his leg in football to pray about his future (that led him to UTA). He went there in July of 2000 when he received a letter from me apologizing for the way I did not appreciate him when we first met and telling him that he was a wonderful person and could I please be forgiven (that led him to call me and eventually come over). He came over in late July and we have been together ever since.
Seven months after we began dating he brought me to that spot where he prayed THANKS to the Lord for bringing us back together and prayed FAVOR from the Lord if he would have his hand in our future and THANKED the Lord for giving us this opportunity to be together forever and THAT is where he asked me to be his wife. In the most sacred place (to him) that he could think of. And it was perfect. And - although I didn't cry then (I think I was in shock) tears come to my eyes ALL THE TIME when I think of the circumstances that led us together and the weird way our lives have been knit together since the moment we met way back in Spanish class at UTA summer of 1997. I AM BLESSED! I AM LOVED!
Thank you , GOD, for giving me my amazing husband (and family). All this would not be possible without you.
A
2 comments:
Aww.. Wade proposed to me on Feb. 12th, and we were so excited!! We view Valentine's Day kinda the same way!
Amen! I love that story! :) Happy Valentines Day! Miss you sweet cousin.
Post a Comment