Saturday, April 12, 2008

BOOT CAMP

BOOT CAMP was the theme of Cameron's Birthday Party this year! I think it was one of our best one's yet. I was very excited planning the theme, crafts, games and even making the cake. About the cake - I really had a GREAT picture of it in my mind - didn't turn out as good as imagined - but i think the point came across! You be the judge. I have pretty much decided at this point - I need to go ahead and take the cake decorating classes! i digress ... the party! WHAT A BLAST! see for your self!

Here is the "ARMY" pose of all the kids - notice they all have on some form of camouflage!
this is the push-up portion of the boot camp - they also had to do jumping jacks, hula hoops and an obstacle course - they really had fun with that - Cole was the co-designer so he had to show the big kids how to do it!
the cake - see what i mean - camouflage was good in theory - it really looked better in person, however -the kids ate it just fine! (btw - it was strawberry so it pretty much looked like bleeding grass after it was cut!) Thanks to my sister Kelly who helped me by mixing all the food coloring and making the four different shades of green!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (cha cha cha) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (cha cha cah)

when did that happen? we never said cha cha cha when we were little?!?
This is a classic funny moment. He was opening his presents from family and his Aunt Kelly gave him some glow-in-the dark STAR WARS underwear. She warned him before he opened that maybe he didn't want to pull out the last item - he said no big deal. He pulled it out, was very excited - then the other five 8 yr old boys realized what it was - UNDERWEAR - and they started to point and laugh and he got real tickled about it and laughed pretty hard! I think he will listen the next time someone tells him to wait before he pulls out a gift!

No comments: