…or even buy costumes.
I guess what they say is true. By the time the fifth kid comes around – mommy and daddy are too tired to make an effort out of anything!! Gone are the days of searching and planning months in advance for a Halloween costume. Its more like this – What? Halloween is TOMORROW?? Go get the dress up box and find something out of there – it will be fine!
And then – your sister sends you a text the day after Halloween and asks for pictures of the kids in costume…Uh? What pictures? I was supposed to take pictures??
It is sad, really. I’m pretty sure I have scrapbook pages devoted to costumes alone, then pages dedicated to the actual trick-or-treating, then pages dedicated to the sorting of the candy. For Cameron and Macie, for sure. Maybe for Cole. What’s that Collin? Where is your scrapbook?? Hmmm – let me see…
I don’t even have one picture on a page for Collin and Cy. #momfail
Well – we did do one awesome thing this year. We went to the Pumpkin Patch. It was Cy’s first time. (He will be four next month!) I had a plan to take pictures, it was a beautiful day. I had my good camera – it was going to be perfect. Then – my camera battery died. Completely. Wouldn’t even turn on. Had to use my cell phone. This is what I got…
Not too bad – kinda cute. Let’s take some individual photos…
Cy being Cy, or Popeye – whichever works best! (It was bright that day)
Collin had to hold the pumpkin. Such a cutie!
Cole wanted one by the hay with a small pumpkin. He is just looking so grown up to me lately!
Ugh – no words – just Gorgeous! Love her!
And this guy. It was like pulling teeth to get him to smile his real smile. I think what made him sort of smile for real in this one was because I told him to say … I love my mom!!
We ended up getting some great pictures with a little ole phone. So good, in fact, that even fell in love with them when I texted them to her and she printed them out and framed them for us. They are hanging on my wall right now and it makes me SO HAPPY to see them.
Of course, there is always the one where they are looking at me like I’m a nut…
And the one of Macie doing a dance pose…
Not exactly framers – but memories just the same. So – I may not have Halloween night forever saved by photo, but I do have the afternoon at the pumpkin patch forever etched in my heart.
1 comment:
Holy cow! I hardly recognize Cameron, Cole and Cy. My gracious. Macie and Collin look like themselves, but the other 3 are so big! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment