I haven’t written about our summer much here on the old blog. It had been eventful, to say the least. It was the first summer in 9 years that I wasn’t home with the kiddos, our daughter went to New York for two weeks for ballet, and Todd worked a murder investigation with the Major Case Task Force that took a lot out of him emotionally and physically. It was that case that played a part of our anniversary celebration.
July 23, 2013 is a day many families in our area won’t soon forget. It is the day that I received a phone call from my father-in-law telling me that Todd had been involved in a shooting, he was fine, but wouldn’t be able to call me for a while and he didn’t want me to see anything on the news. This had been a case that had garnered media attention since July 1. I knew exactly where Todd was going that day and exactly what he would be doing. He knew I would panic if I saw this on any media outlets before he had a chance to call. I’m so thankful he was able to text his father. I know he did that to save my calls/texts back asking questions and making sure he was ok when he needed to focus on what had happened.
During that morning altercation the suspect and an officer were shot. The suspect was seriously injured and the officer was critically injured. His name is Officer Charles Lodatto. The link below is a video from Sunday September 8 where he tells his story. A video where he tells the world how God is in the business of doing miracles, where he tells his fellow officers how God is using them for good, and where his church celebrates all public servants and teachers on the Sunday before Patriot’s Day where the nation celebrates it’s heroes.
http://walnutridgechurch.com/video/?p=1
This is a video of the entire morning service. If you have the time, I encourage you to watch the whole thing. For Officer Lodatto’s story, watch the first twenty minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment