Saturday morning I was finally able to go to one of Cameron’s cross country meets. I loved watching him run.
He has been working so hard the last few weeks. Running every day. Improving his personal bests. Getting in shape. I am very proud. He ran one of his best races so far. He ran a mile and a half in 11 min 01.99 seconds. There were those that were faster, and there were those that were slower, but he ran the race and made no excuses. He was proud of himself and proud of his time.
I love that all the team stayed for all the races. The girls cheered for the boys, the boys cheered for the girls and the middle school kids cheered for the sixth graders. Team. Support. Pride.
A sense of accomplishment and a job well done. Perseverance. Dedication. I love what cross country is teaching my child.
No comments:
Post a Comment