Monday, May 13, 2013

Take time to smell the roses (or ride scooters)

Tonight was an out of the ordinary routine of our usual Little League practice or game.  I needed to work until 6 for Kinder registration, so Todd picked up the little boys from daycare, I had the big boys with  me, Macie was at dance.  We had a rendezvous at Taco Bueno for dinner, and Todd went on to watch Macie dance and bring her home.  The only way to convince Cy to come home with me was to promise him some scooter time.  So – we took a moment to ride some scooters when we came home.

They were having serious fun. 

IMG_6690  IMG_6697  IMG_6708

You would have thought we were going to Six Flags.  They couldn’t believe I would let them ride scooters past bedtime!!  (and – it almost was.  We have always had a strict 730 bedtime and it has always worked for us.  With the kids getting older and having more activities it is hard to make that happen.  It is hard for me to change, but I suppose 8 isn’t so bad!)

IMG_6718

My baby who isn’t a baby anymore.  Ugh, I can’t stand it!!!  So cute and soooo sweet and sooooooo much of a stinker!

IMG_6714

My soon-to be kindergartener.  He can’t wait.  He had his kinder testing a few weeks ago and wanted to wear his uniform.  He is wanting to know if he starts on his birthday?  or does he have to wait until the day after his birthday?  I broke his heart when I told him it was weeks after his birthday.  Such a sweetheart.  He told Todd this morning that he for sure wasn’t going to get any folder signs when he goes to kinder.

IMG_6716

My middle child.  Where did the little boy go?  He is growing up right before my eyes and is going to be so handsome.  I fall in love with his freckles over and over again.

I see so much when I look at these pictures.  I see my babies growing up faster than I want.  I see brothers who have many similarities.  I see brothers who have distinct personalities of their own.  I see three boys who are in serious need of haircuts!

IMG_6689

And that tongue thing?  They all do it!!

A

No comments: