We have had an adventure filled week.
Let me start by sating that Cy is a great baby. He hardly ever cries (mostly when we have to use a wipe on his little bottom) and has slept all night long (not through the night - but all night as in no wake time). That is fabulous. Last night he went down at nine, woke at 2 to eat and went back down at 230 until 5 and then ate again and slept until 7. Then we has awake until 930, ate and is still napping now (at 11). PERFECT!!
The kids all had their Christmas parties last week and are out for the next two weeks. That is fun. I am glad they are home to play with Collin. He still asks every day if today is a school day. They have also been watching every Christmas movie that comes on TV. They are loving it.
Cole. Poor, sweet Cole. He came home from school on wednesday and told me he had gone to the nurse because of a bump on his wrist that was really swollen. He also had one on his chest and neck. I decided that I would go ahead and send him to school thursday and call the Dr to see what they thought. Thursday morning he woke with a few more bumps. they didn't look right so I kept him home and went to the Dr. By the time we reached the Dr he had several more bumps. Diagnosis - Chicken Pox!!! It should be a lighter case because he has been vaccinated - but still dangerous to be around the baby - so he was exiled. Poor thing went to my parents thursday afternoon until saturday and then to Todd's parents from saturday until yesterday. the whole time he felt fine, acted fine and had no fever. UNTIL SUNDAY. Sunday he developed a fever of 104 and it hardly went down. Monday the Dr said they wanted to see him again because that high of fever didn't seem in line with Chicken Pox. Todd picked him up and off we went. they tested him for flu and strep. While at the Dr he started vomiting. He vomited from 1 until 4 that day. He was miserable. Both of those tests came back negative. We got a few days worth of antibiotic as a precaution while they send the strep test to the lab to see if it turns. Today his fever is gone( (not for 24 hours, yet, but I'm hopeful) and he fells/looks so much better. I am hoping we are on the tail end of all of this and he is able to celebrate Christmas with all of us. It has been super hard keeping him away from all the kids!!
Anyway - one day I am going to get to take their pictures in their matching shirts and maybe send out a New Year card. We totally are going to miss the Christmas Card!! I just need them all to be well (and have a hair cut) first!
A
No comments:
Post a Comment