Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fair Day

Our kids have been on Fall Break all week. We were finally able to take a day off from our busy schedules and go to the Fair on wednesday! I love the fair. I honestly don't think I had ever been to the fair until I married Todd. I am pretty sure we have been every year since we married. The kids also really enjoy going. When we first arrived we came upon the Chevy experience. The kids were able to play some sports games and drive little mini cars.



After we spent over an hour at Chevy, we went through some of the vendor exhibits and ate some lunch. I didn't take any pictures - we didn't try anything fancy. Just your regular fair food - pizza, nachos and barbecue. We headed over to the Food and Fiber pavilion because they were having Ice Cream Float Day - but they ran out of the Ice Cream before we made it. We picked up some cheap drinks at the Borden store and headed to the Dog Show!!
Collin is petrified of dogs. PETRIFIED. We had to sit on the top row so he felt safe! He kept saying over and over how he doesn't like big dogs! It was an interesting show. I love that all the dogs are rescued from shelters. There was even a three-legged dog that caught a frisbee while jumping into the water. Todd and I really wanted to go through the Tom Landry exhibit. It was really neat. I learned a lot of things that I never knew. The kids made it about halfway through it before Collin had to use the restroom. Aunt Kelly took them all out for a break and they played in the fountains out front.

After the Tom Landry exhibit, we headed to the Butterfly place. I know how much Cameron loves all things bug, and he could have stayed there for hours. We first watched them tag a butterfly and then went to the place that had a million butterflies flying around. I got a few pictures before I had to leave. It was SO HOT AND HUMID - I was sweating horribly!

It was time for the MIDWAY!!!!! We promised the kids they could ride the big slide - so we headed there first. After the slide our plan was to head out, but their awesome Aunt Kelly wouldn't have any of that. She was kind enough to let them ride a few more things before leaving. They all especially liked the bumper cars!



On the way home - Todd surprised me with the best gift ever! He remembered that one of my favorite places to eat in Oak Cliff (when I worked out that way) was at Herrera's. So - he took all of us out to dinner at a Herrera's in uptown near the original Parkland Hospital. I was so excited and ate so much food! I loved it!! We will have to make a date to go to Dallas and eat there again soon!
It was an awesome day and we are looking forward to next year's trip already!!!
A

No comments: