Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Many (insert whatever here), So Little Time

PICTURES

ACTIVITIES

CHORES

DIAPERS(please can we be done with these soon?!?)

All these things, and I'm sure many more, could fill in that blank up there. I am going to be honest here, people (or person, or just me) I am feeling extremely overwhelmed these days. I am hoping that 2010 is the year that I actually GET organized instead of pretend to be or say I am. I am labeling this year THE YEAR OF THE HOUSEWIFE!! Sounds a little strange - but I feel that all the areas I need improvement in fall in this category. Better wife, mother, housekeeper, organizer, cook, crafter, launderer, gardener, etc. Top that list with the cherry of - I need to be in better shape! Man I have my work cut out for me.

On my road to Trophy Wife - there will be hurdles. Mainly the dishes in the sink and my attitude. Once upon a time laundry was my nemesis. I feel that I have been on top of that pretty well this year. The dishes, on the other hand, not so much. I need to implement a no dish left behind policy. Don't go to bed angry? Don't go to bed with dishes in the sink!

My attitude, on the other hand, is going to be a work in progress (for the rest of my life, i'm sure) I have been frustrated and snippy quite a bit lately and need to realize that I am choosing to be that way instead of the happy, patient loving person I feel I truly am. Hopefully you will see a more compassionate Amy in the year to come!

While these aren't exactly resolutions - they are a map of my desires for myself in the future. Help me on my way, won't you?

For those who read just for the pictures - here are the kids during the snow the other day. Cameron didn't join them because he didn't want to leave the Wii!


A

1 comment:

Amy Godknecht said...

Ditto! We can help each other! Love the no dish left behind! Ha!