Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Dare You To Move

Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here

Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here ...

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Like today never happened
Like today never happened before.
*************artist: Switchfoot
**************************************

This is one of my all-time favorite songs. It has always spoken to me. However, reading these words recently has moved me in a different direction than before. I know the song is daring the listener to look to Jesus for the salvation he is offering and that it is a gamble because it is far different than what the rest of the world is doing. I get that. For me - recently - it is daring me to be move - to be bold in my beliefs, put myself out there no matter the consequence. I say consequence - but there really is no consequence because I have been saved and there is only peace and comfort and glory in that salvation. But - I use consequence in this way - the world will try to cause me to stumble and I will suffer looks and slights and loss of friendships that I have or may have had in the future because of my beliefs and forwardness. I am prepared for that now. I know what is the most important - my Lord and Savior and my family. Those are the people I am striving to honor with this blog and how I live my life. There will be more open and honest posts from now on and hopefully I will remember to give thanks and glory to the one who made it possible. I love you all - have a great 2009!!
A

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow Amy! I am so proud of you. It's awesome to be jumping out of the box, God is so BIIIIIIG! And, His plans sometimes make you (me) look like a crazy person. Ah, but crazy for Jesus is so good!

I love you dearly!