Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a little bit of CLEAN HOUSE and a lot of simplicity

I have been watching a lot of this show on TLC called Clean House. The premise is selling your junk to A)get rid of the clutter and B)make money to upgrade/fix things in your home. We have been wanting to get Collin out of the boys room for some time for several reasons. He wakes up every night at some point crying and we don't want to disturb the other two AND three boys in one room is pretty close quarters. SO - operation - no more playroom began on monday. It was an all day affair - but totally worth it in the end. We have gone through TONS of toys and put 85% in the garage for our massive Garage Sale that we are having this weekend (come buy - literally) It feels so good to make things simple and get rid of clutter. Here is the playroom BEFORE

Here is the semi-finished product. I didn't have any clothes or things on the dresser in this picture - but it looks cute now. Very simple - one toy box and one shelf with a few toys and that is ALL. We will reorganize and sort after Christmas and birthdays.
A closer view of the corner with the shelf - not too cluttered at all.
Coming soon - operation Boys room and Macie's room. We are doing some major overhauling in those rooms as well!
A

3 comments:

Brenda said...

AWESOME!! I love how I feel after de-cluttering. I love me some Niecy Nash!

Lesa said...

Rylee's room next.....please!!! Everytime I try that in her room I never get rid of enough stuff.

Staci said...

Wow! It looks awesome! Too bad I didn't read this when you posted it. I guess I missed the garage sale :(