Isn't that so awesome and so true? Todd and I love that saying - so much, in fact, that we wanted one of these HUGE wall mirrors and the vinyl, cling letters to put that saying ON that awesome mirror. It was something he had seen a while back and we talked about how great that would be in our entryway - what a statement. We just weren't quite ready to purchase such a big ticket item. Well - the time came - yesterday! Kohl's is having an awesome sale and we got a 30% off coupon in the mail.
SWEET. We were able to get a $199.99 mirror at 50% off PLUS the additional 30% - it was a steal! We brought it home and leaned it on the wall that will soon be it's permanent home until we have the time to hang it. Well - we now know that was not the best idea we've had. Collin (my sweet, sweet Collin) who gets into EVERYTHING he is not supposed to - must have really wanted to know what that huge thing was. So - I'm sure he decided to just check things out and explore it for a bit while I was in my room getting ready for the day and Todd had taken the big kids to school. (I thought the other two were in the playroom - boy was I wrong) Here's how this morning played out ...
!!BOOM!!
*no tears - so no real worry*
me: what was that?
*quiet*
me: what WAS that?
cole: collin
me: (exasperated) cole - what was that noise?
cole: the mirror
WHAT??!??!!
I go to the front room and there is the mirror laying perfectly flat on the tile - I'm thinking - please be fine please be fine please be fine - I pick it up - NOT FINE!!

BROKEN MIRROR ... one of Collin's Masterpieces!!
After I got over my initial feeling of complete nausea, and called Todd and made him feel that same nausea - I decided to call Kohl's and see if they have a policy on returning damaged items. They do - and it was to my favor! They took the mirror back on an even exchange - so all is well this evening - we still have an AWESOME mirror to hang and it is quietly waiting in a safe haven until hanging time!
A
3 comments:
Isn't that great how God did that. You two were focused on displaying Him and giving Him the glory about your family and when satan tried to steal it through sweet baby boy, God gave it right back. I love God!
I think I had that same nausea for you.
I love that mirror! It will look awesome!
Post a Comment