Thursday, August 21, 2008

WOW! What an Impression...

we made today - and I'm not sure it was a good one! And let me rephrase by saying what an impression I may have made today. And that is the impression of a crazy lunatic NOT-together mom! Today was our second day at our new school (although it is NOT a private school - there is still much prestige associated with this particular school). Anyway - we live about 20 minutes away and we have to be there at 8 AM so we need to leave the house at the very latest 725. We are at the drop-off and Macie is getting out and she says - OH NO - I left my lunch at home!!! So - I go back home because there is no way she can just buy her lunch because it is A) too expensive ($3.00) and B) you have to know way ahead of time that they are buying because there is no kitchen - they have lunch brought in! I get her lunch back to the school around 830 and then proceed on with my original plan of meeting some ladies at church for donuts/playtime and helping move some classroom closets around. We get the donuts and proceed to the church when I look down to get something out of Collin's backpack when I realize - OMG - I have Cameron's school backpack and he has taken the baby backpack to school with him!! SERIOUSLY!!??!! I have to drive BACK to the school again and switch out the bags! Now - Ms. Sandra (the school secretary) is WAY too nice to say anything to me - but I know what she was thinking. She was thinking the same thing that the ladies in the parking lot who were talking after they dropped their kids off and WERE STILL THERE BOTH TIMES I WENT BACK - which is this
What is wrong with this lady who cannot get her act together in the morning!!
I can look back now and realize that this is actually pretty funny - Cameron said he was a little embarrassed but knew I would figure it out soon enough!

I will leave you with this cute picture of all of them at Chuck E Cheese yesterday!

4 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

You crack me up! Believe me, I think we all have had or will have days like that. I know I have!!!

JB

Sonja said...

I'm sorry, but that IS hilarious!

Brenda said...

This is just too funny. Thanks for sharing! I don't even have kids and run around like this sometimes, everyone has these moments.

Lesa said...

Trust me.....we all have days like that. At Rylee's school-they already know that Shannon is going to bring her late - a lot, and they even know why. I swear they must already have the slips written up. Cute picture.