Monday, August 4, 2008

I'M BATMAN

There is a long running tradition in our house that revolves around our belief in superheroes. The triumph of good over evil, white and black hats, etc. No person is as concerned with this as our little crime fighter, Cole. He helps me get dressed for work daily, carefully putting my handcuffs in their case and easing my extra magazines (bombs as he calls them) into their pouch. The force is indeed strong in this child. We play superheroes daily as I use it as a parenting tool to reinforce the right way to act. OK, so with all the good intentions in mind I admit that I may have gone a tad overboard on Sunday morning. Cole genuinely believes that I may in fact be BATMAN. I may or may not have added to his belief by telling him that my cave is underground at work, and with the occasional stories of how I defeat the joker from time to time at work. Sunday morning I arrived home after a long night at work wearing a BATMAN mask that I obtained from an unnamed location (the bat cave?). Cole was asleep in my bed, as he is accustomed to do. When he heard me come in, he looked up and stared in disbelief as the caped crusader stood there, five feet from him. As I removed the mask I begged him not to tell anyone what he had seen. I then fielded at least 50 questions from a thoroughly convinced son on all the secrets I had been holding in. Unfortunately the secret is out because apparently the entire 4 year old Sunday school class at church is now aware that I am indeed BATMAN! Perhaps someday, long from now, he will look back and realize that he is really my hero and I look at him the same way he looked at me Sunday morning. Oh, by the way, he is convinced that he will take over for me as BATMAN when I am too old - so be nice because he just may be coming to your neighborhood to save you!



Cole in full battle headgear as the dark knight

Todd

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Wow...he really knows how to keep info on the d.l. That cracks me up that he outed Batman to the entire Sunday School class. He is fabulous!!!!