Thursday, July 31, 2008

MAN DAY

Over the past few weeks Amy has attempted to drag, pull, shove, and generally harass me into the world of "blogging". As a man of few words I am all but willing to let the pictures speak for themselves. However, when it comes to my kids it is hard not to go on an on about their lives and how proud I am of them. Our first day in New York with Cameron and Macie led the girls to the American Girl Place. This of course created what I like to call "Man Day" with Cameron and I. The following pictures are the various activities that we survived in Gotham:

1) Rockefeller Center - Cameron posing where the Christmas tree and ice rink would be if it
were not 90 degrees and July.

2)NHL Store - Cameron posing in front of the display at the front of the store. As a member of
the Murphree family Cameron has been thrust into a world of hockey and was so excited to go
through the store and look for Stars gear. No purchases were made here because as we have
come to expect, everything, including hockey apparel in New York is waaaaay overpriced.

3) FAO Shwartz - Cameron posing in front of an all LEGO Darth Vader. This is the same building, same floor, same corner where the famous floor piano scene was filmed in the movie BIG. Cameron of course has no idea what that movie is but we did enjoy a contest they were having on the floor piano while we were visiting. This photo was taken at Cameron's urging because it combines two things he loves most in life, Legos and Star Wars.


Food - Walking makes you hungry. And believe me, we did some walking. I always wonder how much I actually walk when I visit the city and I never really know for sure. I'm going to go with Macie's guess of at least 1 million miles. In any case Cameron and I walked from the hotel to Rockefeller Center (12 blocks) to the NHL store (4 blocks), to Times Square (10 blocks), to FAO Shwartz (17 blocks), and back to the hotel (21 blocks). That adds up to 1 million right? Well it felt that way to a certain 8 year olds legs. So on the way back to the hotel we stopped for pizza. You can see by the size of the piece that Cameron brought his appetite with him from Texas. We had such a good time and the chance to just talk one on one with my son is just like they describe - priceless.

Not pictured is the amount of time it took us to fall asleep after a long day of flying, walking, and talking. What a day! So the first blog was not a total disaster. All of you bloggers out there let me know how I did as I crawl into the 21st century. I owe it all to my wife. I suspect though, that I will add at least one more about our trip - how can I not - we did go to the YANKEE game after all, the greatest sports team in the history of ever. But the first blog was reserved for the greatest blessing in my life, my kids. Special shout out to Cameron, Macie, Cole, and Collin!

Todd (AKA: the worlds greatest DAD)

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Man day is a great idea! You did an awesome job! Looks like the guys had a great time - I love the lego statues too!