Saturday, July 12, 2014

Ballet West

So, Macie is in Salt Lake City – for a MONTH!!  In January she auditioned for the Ballet West Summer Intensive as a long shot.  Meaning, she was doing it for the experience, not really expecting to get in, but to get the exposure and come aback again in the next few years in hopes of being accepted.  Well, she was accepted (YAY!) and we did everything we could to get her there.

IMAG0946

She and I flew to Salt Lake City and I checked her into the dorms where she will remain until her daddy returns to claim her.

IMAG0955

While I was there, before the intensive began, we walked all around the campus of the University of Utah, which is where it is being held.  We went to orientation and learned that she will be dancing 7 hours a day and that she is the absolute youngest student there!  WOW – what an honor!  There are only two 12 year olds there – her and her roommate.  She was nervous to meet the other girls, but after the orientation, she was pretty much acclimated.

IMAG0959

I hated leaving her there, but know she will be in good hands.  (Meema and Papa Rick happen to be taking a vacation in Park City, UT which is 30 minutes away.  How convenient!)

I will miss her so, but am certain she will come back stronger as a person and having grown leaps and bounds as a dancer!

No comments: