I was so lucky to have the opportunity to go on the eighth grade field trip to Washington DC with Cameron. I had a blast!! It was the first field trip that I have been on with Cameron. In fact, it is the first field trip that Cameron has ever had a parent attend. (It was also my first time to DC)
This was my favorite picture from the trip by a landslide! We had a rough go of it at the beginning of the trip. Apparently it isn't cool for your mom to be on the trip, especially since she works at the school, too. But, he got over it and decided that it was ok to have a few pictures with he and I together!
There were a ton of group shots in from of famous landmarks. We went to all the Smithsonian Museums (twice), toured the Capitol, The supreme Court and the National Archives, went to (almost) all the monuments, Mount Vernon and even the National Zoo.
There were also plenty of selfie pics and goofy kid pics to go around!
It really was a once in a lifetime trip and I was happy to experience it with Cameron. I loved learning about so many things that are important to the history of our country. It was fascinating to see the kids experience all the things they learned about in US History this year.
But this – THIS made it all worth it . Man, I love that boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment