Only, someone is...MOM! I was lucky enough to have a half day at work today and was then to talk the boys into staying home and playing on their devices so I could watch Macie learn the choreography to a new group dance she will be performing in January at YAGP. (run on sentence much?)
I know I say this all the time - but I am amazed. It is incredible to watch these girls learn a new dance. The teacher is creating the moves as she goes, so it's a process. Each girl watches and mimics and picks it up so quickly. I could never keep up.
These girls also had the opportunity to leave school early today. My daughter begged me from the moment she woke up this morning to allow her to stay until 4 o'clock. The girls at this school are dedicated and hard-working.
(side note: look at the picture above...macie had her hair in a ponytail and it is almost to her bottom. I rarely see her hair out of a bun)
I was able to stay a little longer and watch Macie run through her contemporary piece one time. I had never seen it. She is doing a lyrical dance to an instrumental version of Taylor Swift's Begin Again. It was very pretty. I video taped it on my phone and will try to upload it to youtube soon (and maybe add it here, later)
It was a fun afternoon watching my girl. It was also very nice to be able to just stay and watch and take pictures without having to wrangle the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment