Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thank You, Easter Bunny

Cy came home from school on Thursday with high fever so I took him to the doctor Friday morning thinking he had strep – but he had the flu!  THE FLU!!  This is our first child to ever get the flu.  We (please don’t call CPS) don’t give the kids flu shots.  I was stunned shocked.  I shouldn’t be because it was bound to happen, but I feel I had been working with pretty good odds.  Almost 13 years flu free.  Needless to say – Easter did not go as planned.  Not one new outfit worn, not one family photo, not one new picture taken for my sidebar photos.

HOWEVER – we did get to celebrate Easter with Todd’s family the week before – so all is not lost! 

All of Meema and Papa Rick’s grandkids were there – so it was crazy fun!  8 in all, with one girl in the bunch!  We let the littles go first, and then the bigger kids.  Cameron decided he was too big to hunt so he helped hide.

IMG_6346

Pure excitement, right there.  The funny sad thing is, he shoved past Logan and Mason to be first!  He was not about to share or be kind to his cousins.

IMG_6348  IMG_6362  IMG_6365    

IMG_6368  IMG_6390  IMG_6363

I tried my best to get a smiling picture of each of the kiddos.  The big kids wouldn’t slow down a bit.  This next group of pictures is how most of my attempts turned out – all backs and bottoms…

IMG_6374  IMG_6371  IMG_6386

IMG_6387  IMG_6352

The best one of all is the one where we try to get a group picture.  FUNNY!

IMG_6394

Hoppy Easter Everyone!!

A

No comments: