So – I am totally branching out and participating in a blog commenting challenge. This is foreign to me in a ton of ways. I read many blogs, but never comment. I have no idea if anyone reads my blog at all – so I thought it would be neat to leave comments on the blogs I have been reading and hopefully, get some readers of my own. Not to build up a readership for anything, but because blogging is my only social network and maybe I could meet some people who have things in common with me.
So – I am linking up with Jenna’s Journey, a blog I have been reading for almost two years now. I have no idea how I happened upon it, but I continued to read because she was pregnant at the time, and so was I. So – it was neat to read and see what experiences we had that were similar.
Today is actually day two (oops) and she is giving topics. Her topic yesterday was Introduce Yourself. And, today’s topic is Why Do You Blog? So, I will combine the two.
My name is Amy and I am blessed to stay home and care for my five children. I have been married for almost eleven years to Todd. Our kids are Cameron, Macie, Cole, Collin and Cy. Four wild and crazy boys and one equally wild and crazy girl. The older three were born in four years and the next ones came at a slower pace. Overall there are 10.5 years from oldest to youngest.
I have lived in the same town my entire life. Not intentionally, it just happened that way. It’s fun showing the kids all the places that were important to me as a kid and then doing some of the same things with them and making new memories.
I started blogging as a way to document our lives. I love to scrapbook, but don’t have the time as often as I would like and this is also a way of recording my memories to have when I am able to scrapbook that particular event or holiday. It was public for a while, then went to private, but I decided it wasn’t such a big deal if people chose to read about our family. I have no expectation of blog stardom or anything, but I don’t mind connecting with other bloggers who may be in the same season of life.
Thanks for stopping by!
A
11 comments:
Stopping by from Jenna's! Nice to meet you!! three kids in four years! wow!!! I only have one so that is impressive!! :)
stopping by from Jenna's! I bet you are a very busy momma!! and i thought two was tough.. lol I also love to scrapbook and have a TON of fun stuff.. but never seem to find the time. I think the last page i made was back in 2007! LOL so thats why i started my blog too!
Hi Amy. I am stopping by through Jenna's challenge. This is my first time with this type of challenge and I am enjoying seeing everyone's blog. Please be sure to visit my blog and if you like what you see go ahead and join. I am listed as Karen's Korner on Jenna's list.
Like you, I am usually a behind the scenes kind of blog reader. I think I followed my first blog for nearly a year before I commented on her posts!
Stopping by from Jenna's! Your kids are adorable! We are welcoming our fourth in 5 years this September, but I think we're done after this!
I can't believe you find the time to scrapbook - I don't even know where my stuff is anymore! Ha!
Goodness your kiddos are adorable! They must keep you pretty busy!
Just dropping in from Jenna's blog! Hope to visit again soon!
Stopping by from Jenna's journey. I read a lot of blogs, but never comment too. I figured this would help me branch out. It's nice to meet you!
I read your blog! :) Your kids are getting so big. I remember when Collin was in my VBS class a few years ago... time flies! Hope all is well.
Stopping in from Jenna's! I love your introductions to your kids- so cute! - Tiffany www.theharrislife.com
Hi! Popping in from Jenna's Journey. I have been doing great on the commenting but not so great on the posting lol! Your kids are gorgeous and I look forward to finding out what city your youngest is like!
Rachel
http://rachel-and-brian.blogspot.com/
Stopping by from Jenna's. I love how you put cities with each child....so creative!!
Post a Comment