Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eleven Months!

Cy,

You are eleven months old.  You are about to turn one and I still feel like we are adjusting to the shock of having another baby!  As weird as it sounds – going from four kids to five has rocked my world.  This was the hardest transition for me, personally.  I have been overwhelmed to say the least and am trying to get back on track with the regular household duties while keeping up with the big kids activities and giving you and Collin the attention you deserve.  Your sweet smile makes it all worth it, though.

IMG_0673

You are pulling up on things and trying to walk.  I am surprised.  I figured you would be like your brothers and take your time, plus, the big kids want to carry you everywhere!

IMG_0681

You are NOT talking, though.  Not in any way, shape or form.  Actually – you grunt.  You have one grunt sound that you make with many different inflections that mean different things.  You DO have a mind of your own.  You know exactly what you want even when we don’t!

IMG_0695

This is the sweetest happy face you make.  We love how your little nose crinkles up and your grin goes from ear to ear.  You have been making this face for a while – it just keeps getting cuter.

IMG_0697  IMG_0699  IMG_0701  IMG_0703

You are such a joy.  I wish you would sleep through the night, though.  Somewhere along the line your dad and I turned into co-sleeping parents and you kids joined the bed.  Maybe it happened when the kids began to outnumber the grown-ups and sleep was more important to our survival than you guys staying in your bed.  So – one day we need to break you of that habit, but for now I will cherish your snuggles in the middle of the night!

IMG_0712

That picture up there let me know you were done!  And – here is what followed …

IMG_0713  IMG_0715  IMG_0718

I love you, sweet boy!  I look forward to your birthday soon!

A

No comments: