Cole’s first football game was today – and he was pumped! He has been counting down the days to his first game. He woke up this morning early and ready to play. He was in his uniform right after breakfast and wanted to know if it was too early for him to put his mouth guard in! He needs it because he knocked out a tooth at his latest practice (we might want him to knock out one more, though)
It rained all last night, so today has been the perfect weather for football – overcast and not too hot. It was really humid, though.
Cole with the coach – his daddy. I’m not sure who is more excited that Todd is one of the coaches. It has been a dream of both of theirs – we are so thankful it worked out this season with Todd’s schedule.
Here are the best fans of the game …
Macie and Cy were there, along with our friends Sam and Lily! (Grace was there, too, but managed to avoid the camera!)
The players run through the big sign to some real loud music and their name being called over the loud speaker. It was awesome. Cole’s team ran to “Who Let the Dogs Out?!” I think they will do this role call at every game – love it!
Our favorite play of the game – Cole caught a not-such-a-good-throw and I managed to capture the whole thing. It bobbled – but he saved it and gained a few yards. He said that was his favorite part of the day!
It really was a fun, fun day and I can’t wait to see how the rest of the season goes. Unfortunately, we lost the game, but the fun that was had topped it all.
One other thing I love about UPWARD …
they pray.
A
No comments:
Post a Comment