Monday, January 17, 2011

Party of Seven

I recently realized that we hadn't taken a picture of our new family of seven yet. It has been such an eventful six weeks - birth of Cy, Cole with chicken pox and fever virus, Christmas, New Year's, hospital stay, etc. - that we haven't had any time to take one. So - today I decided we needed to take some pics of the kids in their cute number shirts and also get one of all of us. I set the timer on the camera and tried to find a good place to set it up.
It took some time to get it right. I couldn't look through the viewfinder to see where the lens was pointing. So - we took quite a few practice shots.
The kids were getting really annoyed at having to stand and smile so many times!
I'm just glad we finally got it right. It isn't professional - but it is us. And - I love it! I can't believe we have five children!! When I see us in a picture - it looks like a lot - but every day it doesn't seem so bad.
Some days are better (and by better I mean easier) than others, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
A

2 comments:

The Murphree's said...

AHHH...Finally, the cute shirts! Hope everyone is feeling much better in your household!

Debra said...

Amy, what a great picture! Cy is filling out and so thankful you are better. Love you! :)