Sunday, October 3, 2010

Friday Night Lights

We were so lucky this weekend because Todd had the unusual privilege of having the entire weekend off! That is always so fun and special and we try to have as much fun as we can when he gets to be home with us! SO - first things first - High School Football. We always try to go to one HS Football game every season and we usually go to his Alma Mater - Poteet High School. His Mom and Dad join us and we always eat dinner at Griff's. they have yummy, greasy hamburgers and corn dogs and they are budget friendly for a big family!
Then we head to the stadium. This night Brian and Lacy decided to join us with Noah and Mason (they had been at the fair all day) and Lacy's parents came, too. It was a big crowd. The first thing I wanted to do was get a picture of the six kids while they were together - it is hard to get all of them in the same place at the same time. Here are a few outtakes of the attempt at a good photo. I can't seem to get my boys to quit making ninja faces! I even told them to smile first and we would do silly after a good one.
This was the best I could get - nobody is blocking anyone and they are all looking in my general direction!
Funny face time ...
Then the game began. The kids love to watch the football players run out and Macie LOVES the Drill Team. For the past few years Todd has always had a cousin or two on the Drill Team, Cheerleader or Football team. This is the first year we didn't have any family on the field!
The JV Cheerleaders came into the stands and handed out lollipops. Todd opened one and gave Mason his first taste of a sucker. I think he liked it!
Noah was wearing his UT shirt in support of the Longhorns who were playing the next day. He was trying to teach Collin the Hook 'Em Horns sign. Collin kept telling him he was wrong and showing Noah sign language for I Love You! It was cute.
Collin was a maniac!! He loved the game. He cheered and cheered for any team. He loved the 'bam bams' and rarely used them like swords. He was jumping, screaming and hollering all the time!
I liked the flags - they make me smile.
Collin also could not keep his hands off Noah. He was so excited to see him and play and he is such a little cuddler - he kept hugging and hugging Noah. The poor thing kept trying to get away and Collin just followed him wherever he went.

We had a special treat at halftime - The OU band came to do an exhibition performance. They were really good. I felt bad for the Corsicana band that had to go before them - they maybe had 50 people in the entire band and OU has something like 350! I think the kids enjoyed it!
We all ended up leaving not too long after halftime. Noah had a baseball game at 8 on saturday and Cole had a football game at 930. We also had big plans for saturday - going to HICO, Texas for a chili cook-off! Our little first-grader is doing a unit on Texas and he had a report due on wednesday on the Texas State food - CHILI!!
A

No comments: