Saturday, September 18, 2010

Who Needs College Football

Cole had his first Flag Football game today and it was so much fun! It was really hot, but really fun. I think he had a great time. He wasn't a big fan of having to sit out some to let other boys play - but he learned that it is important for everyone to have a turn and that they are all on the same team no matter what.
He was able to kickoff the very beginning of the game. Unfortunately, they haven't practiced that part and it went about 5 yards - but he was pumped to be first.After nearly every play he would run with his hands in the air - cheering for himself and his teammates. It was really cute. He enjoyed it so much.

He ran and ran so hard. He was one giant sweaty (stinky like sunshine) boy.
Watching his team from the sideline.
In the huddle after the game. I know his team won - but I have no idea of the score. I think we scored four touchdowns and the other team scored three. I'm not totally sure how they do extra points - Todd would have to tell you that!
We are so thrilled that he is having a good time and learning a little bit as well. He didn't seem to be having as much fun during practice because the coach also coaches 3rd and 4th graders and they scrimmage each other and the big boys aren't real nice to the little boys. That isn't fun for him. But - he had a great time at the game and can't wait to invite everyone he knows to come watch him play!
A

No comments: