Thursday, June 18, 2009

The game that never was

A few weeks ago, Todd and I had tickets to one of the Ranger/Yankee games. (Let me clarify, Todd had tickets to ALL the Ranger/Yankee games and my schedule allowed me to go to this one) We had it planned for over a month, we hired a babysitter everything. That is not something we do very often.

Here we are in our seats waiting for the game to begin.
Here I am getting ready to score the game. On one of our NY vacations Todd (and some crazy, nosy guy next to me) taught me how to a score a game. I try to do it every time we go - however - it is near impossible with the kids around. SO - I just knew I was going to be able to score the entire game! (Yes - that is our own score book with some of the games we have tried to score also in there)
Uh-Oh - they delayed the game a half hour due to seemingly bad weather approaching. Let's go take a look. Hmm - it doesn't look good.
We were bored waiting and waiting so I took pictures of things that I was looking at!
When the weather got closer - they made everyone leave the stands and all come to the ground level. It poured. And poured and poured!! HARD
This picture is probably not as funny to you as it is to me - but here's the story anyway. Todd is not a big fan of me taking pictures of us constantly (the one-handed ones, anyway) and he was giving me grief about wanting another one. I told him ,"but I want one where I am kissing your cheek - it will be sweet" He agreed. So - right as I was taking the picture I licked his cheek. I'm so funny I thought to myself.! Well - the joke was on me because he was sticking his tongue out!! Apparently great minds think alike and we are totally meant to be!
So - after about 2.5 hours we gave up and went home because we were paying a babysitter and are not made of money. I think they played the game well into the night (maybe 1AM) and I never paid enough attention to the news to remember if they won or not! But - we had fun for a few hours of alone time and I think it may have been more fun than the actual game!
A

1 comment:

Staci said...

Glad y'all had fun! That last picture cracks me up!