A few weeks ago was Scouting Sunday at church. In addition to receiving a patch from the church - I was so excited to hear that the boys were to help with communion. It was a huge deal to me - I honestly don't know how I handled it. It was one of the most moving experiences for me and I thought it was so important for Cameron to be a participant in serving our church while we served the Lord. Here is a picture of the men who served alongside Cameron.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Ross Perot was an Eagle Scout
I heard a (confirmed) rumor that Ross Perot was an Eagle Scout. As a matter of fact - he spoke at a Boy Scout dinner that someone I know attended last weekend. The someone I know stated that Ross Perot was an Eagle Scout as well as his son and two of his grandsons. Mr. Perot said that the goals that he set for himself to earn his ranks and badges are a huge part of what helped him become the man he is today. He made Eagle Scout in a mere 18 months (I'm told that is pretty good). I'm telling you all this so you can remember when you hear the name Cameron Murphree - it will be on the same level as Ross Perot. I see many good things in Cameron's future because of what he is learning in scouting.
A few weeks ago was Scouting Sunday at church. In addition to receiving a patch from the church - I was so excited to hear that the boys were to help with communion. It was a huge deal to me - I honestly don't know how I handled it. It was one of the most moving experiences for me and I thought it was so important for Cameron to be a participant in serving our church while we served the Lord. Here is a picture of the men who served alongside Cameron.
Here he is listening to the prayer - I was so proud!! (and - yes I know that I was taking a picture during the prayer and I KNOW that I probably bothered a close friend of mine and her family - BUT - I am sorry - I really needed this to be documented because IT WAS AMAZING TO SEE!)
A few weeks ago was Scouting Sunday at church. In addition to receiving a patch from the church - I was so excited to hear that the boys were to help with communion. It was a huge deal to me - I honestly don't know how I handled it. It was one of the most moving experiences for me and I thought it was so important for Cameron to be a participant in serving our church while we served the Lord. Here is a picture of the men who served alongside Cameron.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mike earned his Eagle Scout too! The bad thing was that his troup disbanded before he could get the official award :(
Post a Comment