Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lemonade out of Lemons

I got a phone call from the kids school the other day and the secretary told me that Cameron had hurt his hand pretty bad during PE and that he was having trouble writing. So - I spoke with Cameron and he said he had fallen and scratched his hand up pretty bad and he had a band-aid on EVERY finger and could he just come home. So - I went to get him and went ahead and took Macie out of class as well (they get out early on friday anyway). As a surprise - I brought some old bread and we went to the park close to school and fed the ducks - They LOVED it!
These ducks are obviously fed often because they weren't afraid of the kids at all!
There were seagulls that would fly down from out of nowhere and snatch the bread - some of the birds and ducks were fighting!
Cameron mostly ran and scared them - he thought it was funny to see them move real fast.
My silly children!
We left and went to CiCi's for lunch and had a great time. Macie and Cameron said it was special to get out early and have a family day - we just wish Todd had been able to leave work early as well.
A

1 comment:

Debra said...

No that precious cousin is a GREAT day! How fun! We love to feed the ducks at our neighborhood pond. Love you!