So - I had to document my night to the best of my ability - here is a picture of me in the car on the way. so EXCITED!!
Todd told me to call him when I got there and he would meet me at the car. Well - as soon as he opened the door I was waiting with the camera and took a picture before he even knew it! he he! All he said was, "already??"
Here we are on a suspicious person call. Apparently this person was loitering at the 7-11 a few times that day. So - we went out and Todd made contact (that is police speak!). Turns out it was a minor who had been drinking and was staying inside the convenient store to keep warm. After some other officers came - we were able to leave and let them take care of it. (Oh - I forgot - I had to sign something that said I wouldn't sue the city if something major happened to me and that I wouldn't get out of the car. These pictures are from inside the car!)
Here we are backing up another office who had pulled someone over who had a suspended drivers license because of DUI. He was a large man and could have possibly become combative had there just been one officer there. All the officers have microphones on them and when the lights on the police car are running - so is a video tape. Inside the car is a little screen that shows what is being recorded and I could hear everything that was going on. It was so neat!
Overall - I had one of the most fun nights ever. It was FREEZING cold and a little slow according to Todd - but it was a lot of fun. The three hours went by so fast! Before I left he gave me a tour of the jail and all the 'book in' things that they have to do. I couldn't take a camera in there - in fact - Todd can't even take his weapon in the jail at all! They have this command center where the computers open all the doors and there are about 10 screens showing what is going on inside the jail. Just so you know - jail does not look like a friendly place. The bathroom and shower don't really have walls and it doesn't look like there is any kind of privacy AT ALL. Gross.Anyway - I just need you all to know that I am so PROUD of my husband. It was the coolest thing ever to see him in action. He is a wonderful Police Officer and really does an awesome job. He is very good at dealing with people with his demeanor changing with each call because the situation warrants it. He is also the BEST supervisor. He is a mentor to the other officers and handles their questions with such a great attitude. He lets them do their job without hovering - but is always available when they need him. I am happy to know that there are officers out there in the night doing all they can to keep us safe!
A
A
p.s. - I told him that his driving in the police car rivaled the cab rides in New York!! It was definitely an exciting ride!
5 comments:
Sounds fun! I've always wanted to do that, too. Merry Christmas! :)
How exciting, and you looked super cute too! Miss ya! Sorry to hear about Collin :(
Sounds like you had so much fun! I can't belive this is your 1st ride along in over 7 years!!!
i really enjoyed this post. good job!
So fun!!!! I want to go!
JB
Post a Comment