Sunday, November 23, 2008

Her Bark is Worse Than Her Bite

One of Cameron's creative writing exercises is incorporating common phrases into short stories. They have a booklet that they are to write the story and draw a picture to go along with it. The other day he came home with the phrase HER BARK IS WORSE THAN HER BITE. He had an awesome time with this one - let me tell ya. And it was very eye opening (and quite humorous to Todd)

(translation) My mom said "go away" and go out of site. She did it again and again. But she loves me. She talks very loud because she means it. She will never hurt me. She loves me. Her bark is worse than her bite. (this is where it gets good) Once a robot said go outside and never come backuntil next year. But I shut down Robot XL7. But more and more keep coming.
I love that once he met the requirement of the saying - he totally went off into a story he would have rather written (about robots) He makes me laugh! (and contemplate if maybe he thinks I yell?!!?)
A

4 comments:

Amy Godknecht said...

I would have never guessed you were a loud talker! How is the video monitoring going?

Staci said...

LOL!!! I love the picture that goes with it!

Poppins (AKA Traci) said...

Hee-hee! I love the "interrogation" light that is above your head. Is that a technique commonly used in the Murphree Household?

Debra said...

Cracking me up!